Business Development Manager
£30 - £55,000 OTE
Remote + Old St, London
The Square Pay is an innovation focussed payroll business. Using smart technology we help companies outsource their payroll simply, securely and effectively. As part of The Square Tech Group we have the benefits of sitting alongside the award winning The Square app - the fastest growing network of construction professionals and organisations in the UK.
What we look for
We're looking for an ambitious and hungry Business Development Manager to come and help acquire new companies that want to outsource their payroll through CIS, PAYE, Umbrella or Bureau.
The right candidate will have experience working in a sales or client management capacity in a payroll business. They will have a good understanding of the payroll product landscape and the legislation around outsourced payroll. Most importantly they will have good connections with construction companies or agencies that currently outsource their payroll and have the can do attitude to do what it takes to identify, engage and close contracts.
The role will also include:
- Generating qualified leads through a mix of data sources, existing relationships, The Square data, professional networks, contacts and other non specified sources.
- Qualify these leads and generate meetings by any means necessary - tracking all interactions through The Square CRM systems and Database.
- Attend new business meetings with existing and prospective clients.
- Work with The Square internal teams to develop and execute effective sales material and marketing initiatives to support and close new clients.
- Attend (either in person or via video conference) weekly status meetings where you will report regularly, clearly and efficiently on sales pipeline.
- Share any learnings or feedback with internal teams - sales, marketing, product.
- Make strategic or operational suggestions to improve the payroll or sales process to make it more efficient, effective and scalable.
In return you'll be joining an ambitious, exciting, award winning, fast growing tech business. We have a small but smart team - we work hard and play hard.
We have cool offices in the city (near Old St) however we work flexibly. We're outcome focussed so not clock watching however we believe communication is key so utilise video calls regularly to keep everyone in the loop.
In addition to a competitive salary you'll be able to earn commission on any sales and repeat sales acquired.
This is an exciting role for an ambitious, hungry, sales animal to come join our team. Get in touch to find out more and to meet the team.
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
Get in touch if you’d like to know more. Call us on 020 3868 6303 or click the 'Apply' button above.